Precautions and taboos for fasting
Fasting is a phased process. It is necessary to know how to proceed step by step. It is also important to note that fasting does not mean that you cannot eat anything during the fasting period. Although the fasting process is very simple, there are many things to pay attention to and taboos and they are very complicated. Here are some knowledge in this area, so as not to get into misunderstandings.
1. In the first few days of fasting, you should slowly reduce your food, and the food should be light food, vegetables and fruits. Don’t just lie down during fasting, and don’t change your living habits drastically. You can do some exercises appropriately, but don’t be too vigorous. During this period, you should also avoid smoking, drinking, taking medicine, etc., because during this period, the contact area between the various organs in the human body and the air is large, and harmful substances can easily invade the human body and deepen the harm to the body.
2. Don’t put yourself under great psychological pressure during fasting, especially don’t treat yourself as a patient. If you feel that your body is not adapting well, you can take a short break. If you feel good, you can do exercises and take a walk. It is best not to do things that force the brain to work, such as reading and watching TV, but listening to music is fine. During the fasting period, you must pay attention to the intensity of your body’s adaptation. If you feel that your body is difficult to adapt, you must resume your diet immediately to avoid causing serious damage to your body. You can drink some distilled or purified water during fasting.
3. During fasting, you can take a small amount of laxatives and cooperate with enema to make the effect more obvious. In the implementation process, be careful not to let their effects and effects overlap, and it is best not to use artificial reagents for laxatives.
4. Fasting therapy is a long-term process. Not only must we persist, we must also know how to extend the fasting time. Try to fast for one day at first, and then fast for 3-4 days after getting used to it, then fast for about a week, and then fast for more than 10 days. What I want to remind everyone here is that if you want to fast for a long time, you must consult a professional, so as not to enter a misunderstanding and endanger your health.
After the fast is over, it is more important to resume your diet, and the most important thing is not to lose your appetite. If the fasting time is short, you can eat some fruits and vegetables at the first meal. If the fasting time is longer, pay attention. After such a long period of rest, the digestive organs have become very weak, and it is necessary to give them a process of adaptation. The first meal should be liquid food, and then gradually increase the amount of food, after a period of time, you can eat some other types of food. Do it slowly, so you won’t lose all your efforts.
The general way of fasting and detoxification
Fasting is scientifically based. You must follow the rules and follow the method. Never fast without understanding. Generally speaking, the time of fasting should be determined according to your own physical condition, and you should be careful not to start a long-term fasting at the beginning. It is necessary to gradually increase the fasting time. Pay attention to the fasting process. If you feel unwell, you should stop immediately and resume eating , and you must not be strong. The method of fasting is also very important. This should be selected according to one’s own characteristics and needs. Generally speaking, there are three types of fasting methods: reduced food, incomplete fasting, and complete fasting.
1. The food reduction method is to reduce the intake of calories, fats, and sugars, and also to eat less foods with high cholesterol content and more fiber content. This fasting method is very conducive to weight loss, because this process reduces energy intake.
2. The incomplete fasting method refers to the extremely low calorie intake in the body during the fasting period. These calories are mainly used to meet the basic needs of the body in order to maintain life. Generally speaking, this therapy lasts for a long time, and the specific time needs to be determined according to individual needs and circumstances.
3. The complete fasting method refers to not eating any food during the fasting period, but drinking only fruit juice , vegetable juice and other beverages, so as to achieve the purpose of eliminating toxins from the body.
A glass of light salt water every morning
In summer, as the temperature rises, the natural sun is strong and the humidity increases. Correspondingly, the moisture in the human body will increase. People at this time often lose their appetite and like to eat something cool and refreshing. Although cold food is refreshing, overeating can easily damage the spleen and stomach yang and increase the moisture in the body. At the same time, there may be symptoms such as bloated stomach and loose stools. . Although spicy foods have the effect of reducing moisture, ventilating, and increasing appetite, if some people feel weak, sweaty, and sluggish when the weather is hot, it may be caused by excessive Yang oil and excessive sweating. yin are injured. At this time, if you eat spicy food again, it will aggravate the damage of the body’s oil and Yin. And because of the hot weather, people like to eat supper while catching the cold, and they will eat more invisibly, which makes the gastrointestinal function decline and easily leads to gastrointestinal dysfunction.
Therefore, the summer regimen pays most attention to gastrointestinal health. A cup of light salt water every morning helps intestinal peristalsis, helps the gastrointestinal cleanup, and can also help long-term sedentary office workers to lose fat on their stomachs. Drinking light salt water can also protect the mouth, prevent bacteria, and prevent colds.
In addition to being an essential condiment, salt also has the effects of clearing heat, cooling blood, and detoxifying. According to the “Supplements to Compendium of Materia Medica”, salt can “reconcile the viscera, eliminate things, and make people healthy.” Therefore, drinking a cup of light salt water on an empty stomach in the morning after getting up in the morning will help reduce fire and nourish the kidneys, maintain smooth stools and improve the digestion and absorption functions of the intestines and stomach. When the throat of office workers is inflamed, they can drink a cup of light salt water in the morning, which has anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving effects. The elderly often use light salt water to gargle their throats, which can prevent respiratory infections. But also pay attention, salt contains a lot of sodium, eating more will increase blood pressure. Therefore, the concentration of salt water should be low, and the salt content in 100 ml of water should not exceed 0.9 g.